Suppliers links ? ?

:help3: an area for website help and use guides

Suppliers links ? ?

Postby coggers » Sun May 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Unless I've missed it there doesn't appear to be anywhere on the forum to put handy supplier links ..

The 'where can I get lowered springs for my HC' classic Q seems to pop up every now and then . Be nice to have somewhere to post the definitive answers on info/suppliers in one place.Would save the noobs searching through umpteen pages to find what they're looking for.

Although I've only been a Viva owner for five years or so , I've been in the parts trade for about twenty years now ( as I'm sure others on here have too ) and consequently have access to part numbers/suppliers etc so would welcome a forum area to post this information .
coggers
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby SPEEDY » Sun May 24, 2009 10:16 pm

I'll second that suggestion, times many when I think it would be good to have a forum page for suppliers of all things Viva.
ImageImageImageRETRO VAUXHALLS OF THE VIVA KIND
SPEEDY
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun May 24, 2009 10:35 pm

the very thing you mention is already on the WEBSITE

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/?page_id=2065

always happy to add details, just remeber its a members club even though the forum is open to all.

thats is why it is there and not here, giving added value to the clubs members.

all recomendations welcome (as long as they polite) :lol:
pbottomley

Postby coggers » Mon May 25, 2009 7:46 pm

pbottomley wrote:
just remeber its a members club even though the forum is open to all.

thats is why it is there and not here, giving added value to the clubs members.

Yes , fully appreciate and accept that Paul.

But surely if the forum is open to all , then basic information should be too , no ?

We're not talking about a spares scheme ( for example ) , we're talking about helping new owners to keep their cars going by sharing information with them , such as parts supply.

I would have thought that if I spent a few hours reading through this forum that I'd find a lot of posts regarding parts suppliers so the information is on here anyway , it'd just be nice to have it all in one place/thread etc.

If a question was posted on the forum regarding a carpet supplier ( for example ) and you knew that there was one listed on the website , would you not tell the person asking the question ? Or would you direct them to join the club and thus be privvy to the information on the site ?

I'm certainly not trying to start an argument , far from it . I just find that 'supplier links' sections work very well on other 'one make' forums , just thought they could work well here too.
coggers
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Lets assume I can find some spare time I might do this :roll: .... its not just a click of a mouse, so dont get all impatent if you dont get what you desire straight away. :wink: :D :D

I am a one man band with the website and the forum here, the club foots the bills in return for its information and the shop window it give them for new and exisiting members. Its a time issue and I dont have much spare time, to add features to this forum. (soemwhat busy with cars, engines, bacon and life in general)

My year with the website and forum is as follows:

WINTER the website changes get done, as its dark and cold outside.

SPRING I work on my car(s) and other peoples cars as the shows are comming.

SUMMER I drive my Car (in the case of this year three full restorations and most weekeneds away helping other people with their cars) no time to even work on my own stuff

AUTUMN I think about the website and what is needed for the upcomming year and plan my timetable for the following year.

Swing this around, Cogger start putting the data together and lets see what can be done, help is the key, if you think its a great idea, help me out! :D
pbottomley

Postby coggers » Wed May 27, 2009 7:02 pm

pbottomley wrote:Lets assume I can find some spare time I might do this :roll: .... its not just a click of a mouse, so dont get all impatent if you dont get what you desire straight away. :wink: :D :D

No , not at all . I know a few other guys who run forums and I appreciate the time it takes up .

pbottomley wrote: Swing this around, Cogger start putting the data together and lets see what can be done, help is the key, if you think its a great idea, help me out! :D

Absolutely , not a problem . I'll make a list of whatever supplier info I have to hand , if anybody else has any good links for suppliers feel free to pm me and I'll start compiling a list.

Cheers
coggers
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed May 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Right Coggers get your *Bleep* in gear then, new section open for buisness, pesonally I would start a new thread for each area of conversation... e.g a thread for springs, a thread for rubbers a thread for OHV engines etc etc

This sort of forum doesnt lend itself for neatly laid out list hense saying start a new thread each topic, so what I will do is pinch items as they come and add them to the website (when i find more time) and make a more stable list :D

Ohhh and thanks for going for the swing around part.... its always good when we have constructive chats :D :D
pbottomley

Return to Website Discussion