Viva 1974 2 door 1256

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Re: Viva 1974 2 door 1256

Postby hbpeter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Freds the membership officer, carnt blame him for trying to get new members!! Also hes trying to ensure the car goes to a genuine owner, not someone who will start cutting around as a project and then leave it half done. As for the price, if Carl hasent got the car yet, he carnt really give a firm price, till hes had a good inspection and drive of it. Nothing fishy at all, all quite normal.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby maximus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 am

Asterix wrote:
maximus wrote:
edgoose1 wrote:Indeed ) as you ae well aware not just classic Vauxhalls but other makes vary widely in price. Hence why i said i did not want to put a value on this car as would rather it went to someone who wanted it. IrunIt has ben saved and restored and as soon as i have it will put some photos on here.

You told me "perhaps £2500" but you need to look at it first. Let me know please when you have a final figure. Thanks again Gary

Hey mate I have just been told the same! Something fishy with this club me thinks. Fred bloke offered a barn find to me, but had to join the club first!!!!! Whats it all about???? Looked at all your threads mate (fair play to you they all gang up on you)and to be honest you should Run this club! ; )

I think you misunderstood me mate he gave me an estimate, until he sees it in the flesh . So he hasnt done anything wrong in my eyes.
maximus
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Gary, if you’re interested then I can only assume it’s a real minter, as your old SL was a bit nice!!!! :D (cross finger it is)

On a more serious note, I do wish folks would try to write their replies using some better thought out English (says he pot kettle etc) that tries to convey the manner in which the post was intended. It drives me mad when I have to read every post here to make sure we are not starting a flame war when what has been written earlier is twisted (innocently or not). I am as guilty as most, but I can say hand on heart I hate you all equally so dont think it personal when i am rude to you.

Remember it takes a second to post something and a lifetime to wish you hadn’t!

Gary can i still call you Sir?
pbottomley

Postby Asterix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:59 pm

:shock:
Asterix
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:12 pm

I take it very personel if your NOT rude to me at some point! :pray:

Dont worry Asterix, we are normal(ish) honest!

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby maximus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:27 pm

pbottomley wrote:Gary, if you’re interesten I can only assume it’s a real minter, as your old SL was a bit nice!!!! :D (cross finger it is)

On a more serious note, I do wish folks would try to write their replies using some better thought out English (says he pot kettle etc) that tries to convey the manner in which the post was intended. It drives me mad when I have to read every post here to make sure we are not starting a flame war when what has been written earlier is twisted (innocently or not). I am as guilty as most, but I can say hand on heart I hate you all equally so dont think it personal when i am rude to you.

Remember it takes a second to post something and a lifetime to wish you hadn’t!

Gary can i still call you Sir?

Haha yes it was quite nice wasn't it! Actually the car is for a friend, as I am not looking cause I have a minter in the garage :-)
Yes by all means call me Sir, as long as you don' t mind me calling you Thrush?
maximus
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Asterix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:35 pm

HBPeter wrote:I take it very personel if your NOT rude to me at some point! :pray:

Dont worry Asterix, we are normal(ish) honest!

Peter

Looks to me like Maximus is normal and the rest are cowards hiding behind a computer in their raincoats me thinks :lol:
Asterix
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Second and final warning

play nice now...
pbottomley

Postby edgoose1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:14 pm

You know I have to really think carefully before putting anything up for sale. The reason i did not want to put a price to this car is because i did not want to get accused of profiteering . We all know that what people ask and what people actually get for a car are two different prices.
I also want to try and make sure as far as possible the car is reliable. Hence i will go down on the train and drive the 100 miles plus back. The last Viva i sold i had for over a year and the guy who bought it, is really happy with it.

As for Viva prices i suppose (in my opinion and not the Clubs) a car with an MOT needing some work will go for about £1000 a minter up to £5000. HPF, GTs etc fetch what someone is willing to pay.

A lot of people curse ebay and the Internet. negatives and positives in all. We would not have this forum if there was no Internet and healthy debate. Other would say that club memberships would be up if there was no Internet. :)
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby michaelmate » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Heres an idea ..... The person who has the car puts it for sale on here , then we all know who we are dealing with , the price he wants, and not a middle man .
Projects........Projects........Projects!
HC 391
michaelmate
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)