Viva e coupe £1400ono Essex

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Re: Viva e coupe £1400ono Essex

Postby Rullverine » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm about to set alight too the car and leave it on a roundabout.....text 07729119423 to make an offer on this car!
Russ
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Rullverine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:58 pm

A gutting and horrific thing has happened:
I have sold the viva for 1300, which is fine, I had loads of interested people from the back of car and classic. However I took the money and counted it. Fine.
After the sale I recounted it...yes my mistake! I should have done this a few times before seeing it go, I had counted 1200.
It's now been very very hard to contact these people, and I am sorely gutted by the lack of respect. I've had the car for 12 years and now I feel like I've sold it to the worst people I could have sold it too. There intentions were to restore, but seeing as he was fairly young, I don't know where he's getting the money to do that- he's a student studying f1 mechanics. Basically he looked like a complete c##t. Its my fault for sure, I had some really nice people want to restore this which would have left my heart far less in pain.
I'm not even joking when I say I feel awful. I think someone far more deserving should have got this car, and I am to blame for selling it. I can only now pray that it stays intact, and gets loved, or moved on to a better owner that isn't 10 years old.
Please feel free to either Diss me, or make me feel better.
Regrettably
Russ I
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Retro morgs » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:58 pm

That is bad news mate,some people take the biscuit. Dont blame yourself for whatever may happen to it next though as that is way out of your control and to be fair it happens quite a bit.
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Rullverine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks! I wish I could have sold it to the guy that saw it a couple of days before...I wouldn't have even wrote the last message if he had. Genuine nice guy, and loved it. I now I sorely regret letting them near it. To be honest it could be fine, but I didnt like them. Plenty if more deserving people should have had this am I'm to blame :-(
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Rullverine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:04 pm

It feels like I've allowed someone to take away a dearly loved pet from my house. I'm sure this is a familiar feeling for some, but it's the first time I've had the unpleasant experience of feeling it. At least it's had a good run in its 12 year ownership with me
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby vauxhallbitz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 pm

I agree, you have to move on and forget it there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there and you have been unfortunate to meet one of them.

I can't believe it took so long to sell in the first place, these cars are getting rare in original condition, I thought that someone in the club would have bought it straight away!!
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience - the offer was there and you know it would have stayed in the club :roll: .
If you have an address or contact details I will try and get him to join the club - it might clarify what the intent is :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby rizzo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Rullverine wrote:A gutting and horrific thing has happened:
I have sold the viva for 1300, which is fine, I had loads of interested people from the back of car and classic. However I took the money and counted it. Fine.
After the sale I recounted it...yes my mistake! I should have done this a few times before seeing it go, I had counted 1200.
It's now been very very hard to contact these people, and I am sorely gutted by the lack of respect. I've had the car for 12 years and now I feel like I've sold it to the worst people I could have sold it too. There intentions were to restore, but seeing as he was fairly young, I don't know where he's getting the money to do that- he's a student studying f1 mechanics. Basically he looked like a complete c##t. Its my fault for sure, I had some really nice people want to restore this which would have left my heart far less in pain.
I'm not even joking when I say I feel awful. I think someone far more deserving should have got this car, and I am to blame for selling it. I can only now pray that it stays intact, and gets loved, or moved on to a better owner that isn't 10 years old.
Please feel free to either Diss me, or make me feel better.
Regrettably
Russ I

Eh i don't get what the problem is, sorry but if you want to sell you cant choose your buyers, you made the mistake counting the money, and it could have been a genuine mistake, which it probably was, where does the lack of respect come in? or am i missing something, i think you are being a bit unfair on the buyer just because he is young doesn't mean he hasn't got the funds to do the work on the car, respect to the lad for showing interest in cars of this year, he is obviously following a path where his interest lies.
Sorry Russ man up, your car now belongs to someone else.

Bill
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Rullverine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah but unfortunately it's a mistake that they know about, but are unwilling to sort out, and would rather leave it down to me. If it's a honest mistake, they still haven't bothered to get in contact to apologise or give me the money. If I was buying I'd know exactly what I got out the bank. If I had 100 quid in my wallet I'd know full well I'd not given them the correct cash.
To be honest, yes it's my fault that I miss counted, but they certainly weren't that friendly or could really give a toss about the cars history at all...
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Rullverine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Perhaps I wasn't clear at first. But that poor viva will end up lowered, and be half ford half viva by the sound of it under his breath...and he decided to say my neighbours car was "sh#t" even though it was parked outside it could have been my car. To be honest both of them were numpties of the highest order...
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)