New Screen Rubbers for HC cars.

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

Re: New Screen Rubbers for HC cars.

Postby Graeme » Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Haven't had a message back about the HB rubber?

Did you get my last one?

Cheers
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby ken707 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:27 am

droopsnoot wrote:
1972nail wrote:The Coupe rear has moulded corners and that is the problem with the current silicone 'uprated' rubbers from Viva2300.

The current one in the car doesn't - they're just cut at 45 degrees and bonded.

Is there any reason why the seal can't be cut and bonded? It would be so much simpler.

I was in contact with East Kent Supplies yesterday to order windscreen filler and in conversation found that they are producing HC screen rubbers also. The front is ready, again the rear has the same difficulties with the moulded corners. It's rather a pity that so many individuals are working separately on these items.
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri May 02, 2014 10:12 am

ken707 wrote:Is there any reason why the seal can't be cut and bonded? It would be so much simpler.

I guess it's just for originality. As you know, I am obsessed with that, so now I know that my rear screen rubber isn't correct, I'll have to do something about it.

ken707 wrote:It's rather a pity that so many individuals are working separately on these items.

I agree, but better than no-one doing anything at all. Someone posted on here about East Kent and I seem to recall putting a comment on about rubbers already having been sorted - but I don't want to just pour cold water after someone has gone to effort to source something. I imagine that whoever put the time into the newer ones didn't like something about the previous ones and felt it worthwhile. And I guess having a well-known trim supplier stocking these things has to be good as long as it doesn't discourage people from making stuff in the future.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri May 02, 2014 12:23 pm

I memntioned to E K Suppliers that Paul was remanufacturing HC and HB screen rubbers - they were not aware but have committed already
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby mactat2 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:13 pm

I'll take a coupe rear when they're ready :D
mactat2
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby black8driver » Wed May 21, 2014 10:27 pm

I need a screen rubber.. are they available now or not? The first time it took me ages to get one and now again no answer to my message. ...
Ebay it is then..... :(
si
black8driver
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Po79 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:15 am

Are we still waiting for the coupe rubbers to be sorted?
I paid the club for mine prob 2 years ago.
What is going on?
I think I've said this before but I believe anyone who has give over money should be on a mailing list to be given regular updates even if nothing is moving, you know just so we know no one has run off with our hard earned money.
Poe.
Po79
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri May 23, 2014 3:28 pm

To clarify financing of the Sceen rubber remanufacturing is being done and always has been done by Paul Cullum - he started this whilst our Spares Co-ordinator but it has not been done with Club money. If you have paid money to the Club in advance then we will sort it out if you could pm me or any of the committee members any supporting information. I can only apologise for the delays that have insues due to various personal circumstances which have distracted Paul.
Paul maybe you would like to come back on this and clarify the situation please :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby michaelmate » Mon May 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Stuart Anderson , Magardsport has screen rubbers .
Projects........Projects........Projects!
HC 391
michaelmate
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Po79 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:16 pm

WARNING!!!

After handing over my money well over two years ago for a rear coupe screen rubber and not once being contacted directly by Paul to let me know what was happening or keep me updated (not even a reply to the above post)I finally decided on the 16th of July 2014 to ask Paul for a full refund.

Paul has ignored this request and failed to respond in any form.

Pehaps someone who knows Paul could convince him to do the right thing and give me back my money that he has held for the last two and a half years without delivering to goods I have paid for.

Before anyone decides to remove this post please think carefully about its contents and the rights other members have who may have handed over money to Paul or the club for screen seals and have no idea what is going on in relation to their money.

Poe.
Po79
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)