New Screen Rubbers for HC cars.

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

Re: New Screen Rubbers for HC cars.

Postby Icedmunkie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Po79 wrote:WARNING!!!

After handing over my money well over two years ago for a rear coupe screen rubber and not once being contacted directly by Paul to let me know what was happening or keep me updated (not even a reply to the above post)I finally decided on the 16th of July 2014 to ask Paul for a full refund.

Paul has ignored this request and failed to respond in any form.

Pehaps someone who knows Paul could convince him to do the right thing and give me back my money that he has held for the last two and a half years without delivering to goods I have paid for.

Before anyone decides to remove this post please think carefully about its contents and the rights other members have who may have handed over money to Paul or the club for screen seals and have no idea what is going on in relation to their money.

Poe.

If anybody has paid the club, then please get in contact with me and I will do my best to sort it for you but I NEED supporting evidence. I will say to people thought that if you want these things done and not happy with how its been done, maybe you get in touch with one the committee members and come onto the committee or help finance an project. We are all busy people and do things in our spare time. I am currently working on head linings and door cards but this it in my spare time after work. if you want to help then get in touch and, be it sourcing parts for the club or organising and part to be made. After all this is YOUR club.

I know this does not help the issue you have but the more support and finances we get with the spares more likely you are to have bits remade.
Chris ( Parts Coordinator)
All Smoke...... No Poke
Icedmunkie
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:44 am

Paul - we have been here before and I dont want to discuss this in public - we exchanged pms before on the situation.
In order to balance the discussion on here i would just like to say we did offer to refund the money you had paid but we do need some evidence of the transaction.
Your stance was that you did not want a refund you just wanted the screen rubber. We do not control Paul Cullum as this was being done as a private venture, we have no way of providing the parts.
The committee is quite happy to refund what you have paid if you give us a clue as to how much and what means you paid for the item.
As Chris says we are all running the club in our spare time and do our best to provide ourmembers a service - should you wish to consider rejoining the club at sometime you will be most welcome. If you would like to talk this through with me please feel free to phone me - 07757276985 - my phone is usually on
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Po79 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:43 am

Fred,

At that time I was planning on keeping my car but as I have now decided to sell in the near future I am fully entiled to change my mind.

I have not asked yourself or Chris to directly respond to my post but thank you.

Where is Paul in all this???

I gave my money over in good faith two and a half years ago on the advertised understanding the rear coupe rubbers were to be ready in a couple months (club magazine). I have never been volunteered any kind of update and even now after asking Paul for an update he doesn't respond even with these posts on his thread and PM he still hasn't made any form of contact.

I always thought that I had paid the club as it seemed like Paul was saying it was a joint venture

"i am spares coordinator for the Viva Owners Club...As part of a new venture for the club, i am very close to having new screen rubbers available for the cars..."

So regardless who has my money I would say the club has some responsiblity in this. I do not have a recored of the payment as it was made by a family member (I don't use cheques) although I am trying to find this.

I have no wish to rejoin the club, this is not a reflection on its many good members.

I understand why you don't want this discussed out in the open but I believe both club and forum members should be allowed to follow this and make up their own minds and that situations like this should never be hidden from them.

Poe.
Po79
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby viva2300 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:22 am

Right...i am now here....
Paul, if you want your money back no problem...i have picked up your PM now and while i am still striving to get the rear rubbers out as we speak, i am happy to do that.....i'll send a cheque to you as soon as i am able.
If i havent kept people in the loop im sorry, but so far this year has deteriorated badly & is only getting worse.....so im afraid my family come way before this club.

In the meantime.....i have HB Front Screen rubbers available again, & HC Front Screen rubbers too All priced at £62.95 +£8.95 P&P as always, club members get 15% discount on the selling price.

Thank you
Paul
S. EAST AREA REP
1972 Viva 2300 SL 4DR
1973 Viva 2300 SL 4DR + one on paper.
1973 Viva 2300 SL EState
1973 Viva 1800 SL 4DR not for long
1971 Viva 1600 SL 4DR AUTO
1974 HP Firenza Droopsnoot

TOO MANY CARS NOT ENOUGH MONEY OR TIME
viva2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Retro morgs » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:11 am

Hi paul,can i have 2 x HC front rubbers please
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Serge1977 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi Poul,

have you a new door window rubber for HC Coupe? I need a pair of them.

Thanks,
Sergey
Serge1977
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby viva2300 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:22 am

Hi Nick
Yes no problem...Serge..i wish i could help you, but not anywhere near any of those yet im afraid. Sorry.
Barely have time to think at the mo...

Paul
S. EAST AREA REP
1972 Viva 2300 SL 4DR
1973 Viva 2300 SL 4DR + one on paper.
1973 Viva 2300 SL EState
1973 Viva 1800 SL 4DR not for long
1971 Viva 1600 SL 4DR AUTO
1974 HP Firenza Droopsnoot

TOO MANY CARS NOT ENOUGH MONEY OR TIME
viva2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby vauxhallbitz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Hello Paul,

I bought a front screen rubber from you last year, can you tell me where to get the black infill strip from?

Regards, Fraser
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Retro morgs » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:26 pm

vauxhallbitz wrote:Hello Paul,

I bought a front screen rubber from you last year, can you tell me where to get the black infill strip from?

Regards, Fraser

The infill strip is usually a chrome effect to the best of my knowledge,this can be purchased on ebay and it's only a few quid. If it's for the viva E that your info says you have then i dont think they had an infill as my stepdads doesnt have one.
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 pm

I think Woollies Trim do a black infill strip - used on the snoot?
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

PreviousNext

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)