Viva RepairPanel

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

Viva RepairPanel

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Along with Andy Lake I have been pursuing potential sources of Viva Panels from a company in Olbury Birmingham.
Currently they are able to supply
HA Repair Sills £30 each ie £60 a pair (VVOC members price)

HB Repair Sills £30 each ie £60 a pair(VVOC members price)

HC Repair Sills£30 each ie £60 a pair(VVOC members price)

HC Repair panel Rear valance £30 each(VVOC members price)

Material Gauge will be 18 or 16 swg
P&P is £12
PRICE FOR NON- MEMBERS - FOR £30 READ £40
Purchases can be made from STAR CAR PANELS LTD, UNIT 11 , TEMPLE WAY, TIVIDALE OLBURY B69 3JP
CALL STELLA 07958 217435
We have tried to get wheel arch repair panels made but they were unable to create the various shapes "double bubble" rerquired
I am working with them to produce other repair sections ie HC spare wheel well etc
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: Viva RepairPanel

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 pm

I've done a spare wheel well, not too bad in separate pieces welded together but challenging in one piece. I also found that the genuine one I was using as a pattern didn't quite fit properly, but I haven't checked whether they're different between body types or whether it was just the other repairs I'd done. I'm trying to do front wing lower sections.

Lower rear valance looks good, though the photo makes it look a bit wrong on the number plate section. Whether that would make any difference is another matter of course.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:40 pm

The repair section fits over the actual panel well - there is agap at each end of the numberplate section which will need to be filited in when fitting! I am going to see them tomorrow so will see what progress if any there is on spare wheel well repair section.
Hope you have a breakthrough with the lower part of front wing - we are always getting asked for them - again I fear the problem will be with the shaping of the double bubble wheel arch bit. :wink:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 am

You're probably right Fred, it might well be too difficult to do properly, and equally might just take too long to make to be possible to sell for a price that anyone will pay. Pity about the wheelarch panels, as that can be used to repair the bottom of the wing with a bit of cutting.

Between you, are you in touch with Stuart Anderson who does the DSG spares? I know he was looking at some panels and it would be terrible to think you're all duplicating effort.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Icedmunkie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:28 pm

I need to speak to him about this, as we are looking at getting the arches done.
Fred if you get the time could you speak to Stuart and see what he has got and prices. I can then add this into the spares letter
Chris
All Smoke...... No Poke
Icedmunkie
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:52 pm

There was a stand at Billing that had HC floor sections, and various other repair sections. Dont know who they were, anybody else see them?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Yes Pete I spoke to the chap - He could not give me a card and was not very entheused about doing anything for the Club - we would need to make a bulk buy and this would tie money up - prices were similar to Star Car Panels. He was there last year - panels looked like they were mainly hand crafted - floor repair sections were the only thing which seem impressive and usefull.Could prob work out who he was from the VBOA list of traders if nessesary.
Star panels are prepared to look at panel sections and work with us to replicate repair sections and give the Club members a discounted price as an alternative to Club Spares buying and selling on.
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:34 am

You can get some floor panel repair sections from Australia - as I recall they do the front sections (footwell) and the boot floor sections. Trouble there is shipping and, potentially, duty and VAT on top of the prices.

I feel I could probably make boot floor repair sections, but then they're basically a flat piece with some ribs put in, so not exactly difficult for anyone and, like the footwell, most people seem to be prepared to settle for something that's reasonably the right shape rather than spot-on.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 am

Fred Dukes wrote:Hope you have a breakthrough with the lower part of front wing - we are always getting asked for them - again I fear the problem will be with the shaping of the double bubble wheel arch bit. :wink:

First attempt at this shows that it might require a bit more practice in the shaping department, but not terrible. I've only been playing with the difficult bit, just wastes a lot less steel if/when it goes wrong.

droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Graeme » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:59 am

Fred Dukes wrote:Yes Pete I spoke to the chap - He could not give me a card and was not very entheused about doing anything for the Club - we would need to make a bulk buy and this would tie money up - prices were similar to Star Car Panels. He was there last year - panels looked like they were mainly hand crafted - floor repair sections were the only thing which seem impressive and usefull.Could prob work out who he was from the VBOA list of traders if nessesary.
Star panels are prepared to look at panel sections and work with us to replicate repair sections and give the Club members a discounted price as an alternative to Club Spares buying and selling on.

Was it a guy that had a lot of sills for sale? If so he lives not far from me. By brother bought some bits for his HC a couple of years ago but they didn't really fit that well.
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)