New Member - Advice Needed

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

New Member - Advice Needed

Postby domkolo » Tue May 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi There, I've agreed a price with the seller before he ended the auction early and I paid a deposit.

I'm paying a fair bit for it, but I've always wanted an HB and they rarely come up for sale from what I can see.

does anyone know it? and can anyone confirm whether they think £2200 is a fair price based on the description?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Vauxhall ... true&rt=nc
domkolo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: New Member - Advice Needed

Postby fouronthefloor » Tue May 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Did you view the car before purchasing & appraise it properly? If so, can you give us a little more idea about condition etc. Pictures can be very flattering to a car & some eBay sellers have a reputation for being somewhat economical with the truth.

BTW.....welcome to the club.

Oliver
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby bedfordbad » Tue May 20, 2014 2:19 pm

This car is in the club register with some early photos, 46,000mls when they were taken, looks a nice original car to me!
Its virtually impossible to value a car without seeing it in the flesh, im assuming you have viewed it before agreeing the price,
If your happy get your money out and start enjoying vivering!
oh and join club for full access to forum/ register ect :goodideasign:
steven
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby domkolo » Tue May 20, 2014 2:33 pm

I haven't seen it in the flesh unfortunately. ive viewed 2 other 2 door HB's in the past 8 months and they needed a lot of work. the seller describes this as being near perfect. I'm collecting this Saturday subject to a new MOT.

Fingers crossed. i'll be sure to join for full access once the keys are in my hand!

cheers for the warm welcome
domkolo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue May 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Well frankly I think your taking huge risk, I wouldn't pay up £2200 of some pictures off the internet! BUT lets hope it is a good one as said above lots of folks say things are mint when they are rotten....

:goodluck:
pbottomley

Postby fouronthefloor » Tue May 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Bear in mind there are members here who will be prepared to look at a car for you if the only other option is buying 'blind'.

It just so happens I was in Brandon/Thetford on Sunday & would have been happy to have a quick look.....

Oliver
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Good idea I have done exactly that several times for folks, in most cases its been very useful weeding out the chaff from the wheat.

One car I once went to look at for a Norwegian member was so rotten even the filler was rusting away! described as MINT, then again other cars have been right little gems I have wanted them myself.....
pbottomley

Postby domkolo » Wed May 21, 2014 9:35 am

does anyone have access to aforementioned 46,000 mile photos?

I'd love to see them if possible

if someone could email them to me at dom@drivenleasing.com it'd be much appreciated!

regards
domkolo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby fouronthefloor » Wed May 21, 2014 1:51 pm

domkolo wrote:does anyone have access to aforementioned 46,000 mile photos?

I'd love to see them if possible

if someone could email them to me at dom@drivenleasing.com it'd be much appreciated!

regards

All fully paid-up members have access to the Viva Register & the photos although there are only 3 & don't really tell you very much more.

I'm not sure how happy members who have paid a subscription are going to be emailing this information to a non-member & anyway, it's not really in the spirit of how things work around here.

It's quite simple.....join the club & it will give you access to the Private Members Area + many other benefits.

Oliver
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby domkolo » Wed May 21, 2014 3:08 pm

I do want to join, and obviously will as soon as I have the car on my driveway, at the moment, I'm really excited to see what it's like having not even seen it in the flesh, hence me asking for some more photos of it.

the only way I wouldn't join right away Is if I don't own a viva - after all, it is an "owners club"

thanks for your help
domkolo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Next

Return to Say Hello