Hello everyone - potential Viva owner

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello everyone - potential Viva owner

Postby bigantg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to receive some advice from members about a possible Viva purchase, I've found a car and am wondering if it seems a fair price? I understand any car is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it but realistically I don't want my fingers burnt paying way over the odds!!!
Attachments
Last edited by bigantg on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigantg
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hello everyone - potential Viva owner

Postby hbpeter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello and welcome. Your pictures arnt showing. If you have problems posting them, email them to me and I will post them.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby bigantg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Thanks Peter, finally sussed how to post the pics!! I see you are only down the road from me!!
bigantg
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby bigantg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:55 pm

The car is currently being auctioned by believe it or not a salvage company and the bid stands at £1860 at the mo. What are peoples thoughts? Its not classed as salvage and believe it to be part of a collection being sold off. No real info on the car other than its a 1975 HC 1300cc Deluxe.
Attachments
bigantg
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Ahh, thats better, can see the pictures now.

That car has been for sale several times. If its as good as it looks, in my own opinion somewhere around £2k is about right. But as you say, if you really want it, its worth what you are willing to pay. Look on ebay and the like and see what other cars are going for. Prices are rising for all Viva models, not many around.

If you do get it let us know, or even if you go look at it. If you join the owners club you will get access to spares, magazine and the rest of the forum.

Where abouts are you?

Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby bigantg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Peter,

I'm only in Stockton so round the corner!! You mention that car has been for sale several times, where was it advertised? It really does look a clean car and looks ready to use without throwing shed loads of money at it!! Looking at prices they seem all over the place and its difficult to gauge a value as prices are one extreme to the other!
bigantg
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Its always the same pictures, so guessing its the same place that has been selling it. It is a very nice car by the photos, but photos can hide all sorts. if possible go look at it, or maybe request more photos from the seller?

Thats why we dont like to give prices for cars, as you have found they vary a lot. Best to buy on condition rather than model. Someone on here might have already seen it(seem to remember someone mentioning they had). As I said, if it was me buying I wouldnt go more than £2k, but then I'm a skinflint! Others might quite happily pay £3k+. When does the auction end?

If you can wait a few days and see what else other people put on here.

Stockton, you are indeed just round the corner! Nice to know theres not just me!

Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:17 pm

As Pete says an uptogether Viva usable without to much work would cost circa £2k - I would expect an MoT and some previous history for that. This does not sem to have MoT - history - or recognised by DVLA on a Vehicle enquiry - if reg is as claimed GUJ8 that is a custom no.Plate. You need to get on the phone and get some answers to clear up these queries and then go and have a look - DO NOT BUY BLIND. THIS IS JUST A METAL BOX WITH WHEELS ON THE CORNERS to them which they are auctioning - at a guess it is residue from someones estate.
The car is in Winsford Cheshire acording to the Auction site
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby bigantg » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi Fred,

I agree and think I need to give the seller a call, I believe the VRM is only a partial reg for security reasons with the final digits being left off.

Regards
Antony
bigantg
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello