Hello From North Essex...England

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello From North Essex...England

Postby sebwarner1984 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the Viva club this week. very happy to be part of this great home of the Viva. Last week I purchased a Viva HC L 1300. I had to work quite hard to get this beautiful car... it had been sold in an auction in kingslyn before I had a chance to bid...however I wasn't going to give up there so I contacted the auction house and asked them to pass on my details to the buyer in case he might be interested in re selling...to my surprise he called me a few days later! Over the next couple of days we spoke several times about the car and I managed to convince him to consider selling it to me :) I traveled to see it by train and after about 2 seconds fell in love and drove her 95 miles home. Its my first classic since I my late teens when I had a Datsun Cherry 120 y. Anyway glad to be here and hope to chat to a few of you over the coming months.. lots of questions :-) SEB.
sebwarner1984
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hello From North Essex...England

Postby 1972nail » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Good to have you on board Seb. Keep us posted on your adventures with the Viva.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby coopergirl » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Welcome to the club Seb,

my first car was a Datsun 120y, that was a very long time ago! Hope to see you at some of the shows with your new car.

Jane
coopergirl
Membership Sec

Postby Mike Attew » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:39 am

I missed the last couple of KL Auctions as the prices seem to be going through the roof, good to see another Viva this side of the country. Welcome. [ even though you are near Ipswich :D ]
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby sebwarner1984 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Thanks 1972nail. I will keep everyone updated. Will be a bit easier once I work how to get photos up a bit easier onto this site.

1972nail wrote:Good to have you on board Seb. Keep us posted on your adventures with the Viva.
sebwarner1984
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby sebwarner1984 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:14 pm

That’s so funny you had the same first car... I loved it. However I think I prefer the style of this viva. More details. May well see you at some shows next year. Seb
coopergirl wrote:Welcome to the club Seb,

my first car was a Datsun 120y, that was a very long time ago! Hope to see you at some of the shows with your new car.

Jane
sebwarner1984
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby craig12 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:43 pm

welcome , I am new to the club and have recently bought a 1975 magnum , and cant believe I own it , good luck in your ownership , I think were very lucky people even owning this marque
craig12
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Welcome to all you new guys - Seb we have been in touch already :P Hope to meet you at a show sometime :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby vauxhallbitz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Welcome to the club Seb, my first company car was a Datsun Sunny 120Y estate, red in colour.

My boss was one of the biggest Vauxhall dealers in Scotland (Whiteheads Dunfermline Limited) from the twenties till the late seventies but we used Datsuns because they came with radios, heaters, tinted glass and were very reliable.

Ironically they were used to replace a fleet of HC Viva estates!!!
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Say Hello