Re: 1967 - Vauxhall Viva HB

Postby cooperman » Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm

Ahh ok
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: 1967 - Vauxhall Viva HB

Postby thomas » Thu May 21, 2020 9:58 pm

I seem to remember in an article in one of the old, old back-issue club mags that the very early HB headlamps, I think the ones with the bulb-holders that couldn't take the heat and crumbled to dust, might also have been somehow universal in respect to the beam pattern, they weren't specific to UK right-hand drive cars, and had a different beam pattern to the later UK HB rectangular headlamps. Perhaps these if any were available could be suitable for LHD application if they could be adapted to eliminate the self-destructing bulb-holders. Though they're likely as rare as a full set of hen's gnashers, but maybe not as they took extra weirdy bulbs too and would have been unwanted except by originality extremists and masochists. Perhaps Adrian (who probably wrote the original article I'm thinking of) could clarify, comment, just to refresh my own and the wider membership's collective memory. I may have dreamt this and couldn't locate the original article in a month of Sundays but some dim(!) recollection was sparked. That's if the supply of proper LHD headlamps has reached rock-bottom.

:coffeenpc: :oldage:

edit: found that article, it was Summer 2006, don't know still if they'd be suitable, even if available and even if the bulb/bulb-holder issues could be overcome, it would depend on local regulations, the Portugese equivalent of our MoT test in respect to beam-pattern.
thomas
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Say Hello