If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Postby Keith W » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi, Keith here. I have joined having recently purchased an HA van. There have been posting about my van here before . It's the British Rail yellow van A494 ULG. I worked for British Rail for 37 years and occasionally drove their HA vans so it's nostalgia for me. I have previously owned a HB and HC Viva. My ideal purchase would be a HB SL, perhaps one day.
Keith W
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: New Member

Postby rizzo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Hello Keith, welcome to the club, i wonder if the HA is the same to drive today as it was in the day :D
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbr341 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi Keith
Snap ive just bought a HA Van from another club member iam in the middle of the major restoration i have done all the welding on the upper section now rebuilding the chassis with the van rolled on its side.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Keith W » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Thank you for your welcome messages. Driving the van is like going back 45 years. It's noisy, no power steering or power brakes, we don't realise how things have advanced. I think that's why driving standards have fallen, modern cars are so safe, no thinking ahead for braking etc. Anyway that's my rant. I hope to get it to some shows in 2021 in the home counties north area. A few jobs to do, gearbox overhaul, a couple of small rust spots. Matching the yellow paint is proving a problem, two previous owners do not have the colour details and my local paint sprayer and his paint factor both say yellow is the worst colour to match. A new carpet is needed, any recommendations as to a good supplier. Seen a couple on ebay but not sure of their quality. Thanks.
Keith W
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Welcome to the Forum Keith - become a full member and get access to the Parts Scheme etc
Attachments
Application Form.doc
(40.5 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
InquiryLetter.doc
(30.5 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Keith W » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello Fred, IT and me don't go together well. Give me an engine with things that move I'm ok. Even my password does not save so I keep having to request a new one. As suggested I've filled in the form to allow full access to the web site. Thanks, Keith.
Keith W
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello