New here

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

New here

Postby 47steve » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi All,

Been trawling through the net and came across your site. I am hoping to pick up a project and thought i would join you to pick up some tips /tricks and advise.

Looking forward to the banter.

Thanks
47steve
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: New here

Postby thomas » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Welcome Steve. The forum itself is one of the best resources for info, most of the issues that arise have come up before and most are keen to and have shared their ordeals and hard battles but not so much of the highs and the joys, that it must seem a constant uphill struggle, when it's not all hard work.

The search for elusive parts never ends, seized bits will seize bodywork dissolve. Cars of this era though charm by their simplicity, if anything does play up, it's comprehensible, usually repairable, you're not trying to second guess some black box. There don't seem to be many around for sale right now, projects, runners or mint ones. Plenty tucked away by now for the winter, or yet to emerge shyly from lengthy work.

Glorified electric golf-carts with 15mph top speeds and ranges of around 40 miles round trip seems to be the direction we're being nudged and cajoled in, with whooshing noises played through the stereo to give the impression of speed, that even the littlest Viva will seem like some awesome fire-breathing trans-continental cruiser capable of incredible feats of motoring.
thomas
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 47steve » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi Thomas,

Thanks very much for your reply and words of wisdom :D

I am hopefully going for a second viewing of a project i have lined up this weekend. All being well, will commence the restoration in the not too distant future. Would need to source workshop, parts etc first.

TA Steve
47steve
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:58 pm

Steve welcome to the Viva world - panels are the big problem so go for the best bodywork you can get - mechanics are the easy bit. Become a full member and take advantage of our Parts scheme.
Attachments
InquiryLetter.doc
(30.5 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Application Form.doc
(40.5 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby 47steve » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:25 am

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the info. I have noticed that membership renews in January so will join then. Looking forward to the banter etc :lol:
47steve
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:10 am

Membership start dates 1st Feb or 1st May or 1stAug or 1st Nov if you read the application form your welcome to start whenever you wish - if you start now for instance your membership will expire end Oct 2021 - if you start 1st Feb your membership will expire end of Jan 2022.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby 47steve » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:52 am

Thanks for clarifying .
47steve
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby 47steve » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:48 pm

Membership in post ...TA