VBOA Vauxhall Rally - Sywell 2nd - 4th July 2021

VBOA Vauxhall Rally - Sywell 2nd - 4th July 2021

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:49 pm

The following is a message from the VBOA Committee

It has been a tough year for all, and we have a glimmer of hope and joy for you.
We have booked Sywell Aerodrome for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of July 2021.

The event will be dedicated to Ian Virco who sadly passed away on the 6th of December. He was a fabulous force of good not just within the VBOA community but also with the wider car community.

All bookings (hotel, camping, day tickets etc) made for the 2020 event will be honoured for 2021. A new confirmation email will come out to all who booked in 2019/2020 to gain entry to the 2021 show.

Please pass this information around your clubs, we will post the same information on the social media pages 24 hours after this email has been sent. It is inevitable that the information will make it to the VBOA page(s) but it wont be from the Events team or Committee.

We will open the 2021 event shop on the website in the coming days, and update everything accordingly.

Stay safe and stay positive,

VBOA Events Team & Committee
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: VBOA Vauxhall Rally - Sywell 2nd - 4th July 2021

Postby cooperman » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Here are some details regarding Sywell from the VBOA, if you are joining us please read this as it highlights some important issues.

Toilets
In order to operate a Stage 3 Covid safe/secure event we have had to make the toilets and their positions easy to clean after use and maintain social distancing. As such ALL toilets onsite will be the portaloos because the trailer toilets dont have the space inside. We are presently having all bar one toilet in the same area near the showers (not too far from where they were in 2019).

COVID Rules
While we had hoped to be free of the Covid restrictions, sadly we arent. This means there are some fairly simple rules to follow, and if they arent then the persons breaking them get asked to leave site, no ifs no buts. We are expecting an inspection from the council/public health/police.
One loss to the show is we cannot have bands on in either the BarBar or the outside arena.
This is the start of a set of rules that will come out, but the highlights:
Groups of 30 MAXIMUM, this relates to you and your friends in close proximity in a gazebo and the likes as per the government guidelines.
Keep 2 meters apart particularly when queuing for things
Hand sanitiser will be around the site for use
One way systems for walking around the site will be in place, this will be for around the toilets, showers, arena areas etc.
We will be using the NHS track and trace app/QR codes and pen+paper for those who dont use it.
Lateral flow test kits will be available on site if you feel you wish to use them.
Mask wearing outdoors is upto you and not a problem if you wish to.
All committee members and show volunteers will be taking lateral flow tests daily.
Please work with us as we all want the show to be a safe and positive place for us all to reunite after a long time apart.

Live Action
The live action arena is still going ahead, it will be in the form of a Gymkhana whereby you dont have to wear a helmet or have long sleeves etc, but its upto you at that point. Additional drivers are permitted and will be added to the web shop and passengers are permitted but with some MSA guidance on that which we are finalising, there will be a charge for passengers as the will then be covered by the liability insurance.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbr341 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Hi Marcus.
Thanks for posting the info we are all booked in and ready for our first show of the year so hope to see you all next weekend i know it will not be the same without our Danny.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby cooperman » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi all,
If you are planning on coming to Sywell this year it would be worth bringing a pen and a chair with you! the pen for filling out the voting slips and the chair for relaxing.
We are going to be running our stand in a slightly different way this year, no tea, no biscuits or cake, no regalia, it's all about the obvious and as such we are doing our best to cut down on transmission by touch and in keeping with social distancing we will be monitoring numbers in the gazebo's.
The same friendly atmosphere will be there though and you can always bring your own biscuits...

Marcus
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:59 am

We will be holding an AGM on Saturday at 2.00pm as long as the weather is good enough to sit outside - again it is the restriction of numbers that can be in the gazebo. I am ever hopeful that someone will step up to become Treasurer!
I will be arriving on Friday afternoon.
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby VampireTigger » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:54 pm

A site map has been published. A replacement site map with the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club actually on it will follow soon. In the mean time we have been asked to stop complaining……..
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:51 am

Thanks for that Adrian - nobody has asked me to stop complaining - it is in our interests to notify the VBOA of such errors - as you seem to have prior knowledge to Marcus, Mike and Myself I assume you have been in touch with them?
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:50 am

Fred Dukes wrote:Thanks for that Adrian - nobody has asked me to stop complaining - it is in our interests to notify the VBOA of such errors - as you seem to have prior knowledge to Marcus, Mike and Myself I assume you have been in touch with them?

Within minutes of the site plan being published on Facebook last night the error was spotted. Viva Drivers Club also thought that they had been left out but they are in a tiny slither I needed a magnifying glass to find on my 17” laptop!

I messaged VBOA last night via Facebook and WhatsApp to notify them of the issue. They were getting rather annoyed at the amount of people posting about our stand being absent and the number of angry faces instead of likes the post was gathering.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:53 am

On the original post they have now blocked commenting to stop further complaints. They have deleted the complaints too.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:01 am

Ok leave further contact with them through Marcus
Fred Dukes