dates for bacon munching in devon now the 26/27 of april

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby Cold Snail » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:06 pm

pbottomley wrote:OHHH lookie what I found... I wonder who lives in this house?

[img]Photo from above[img]

Your stalking game is weak.

All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Postby pbottomley » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:03 pm

And you wonder why I have no parking space LOL
pbottomley

Postby bulldog » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:16 am

tis sarah couldnt be bothered to log out then in again theres a firenza under the blue tarp on the left and mikes shed/workshop takes lots of room our garden certainly looks packed!!!
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Well I made it back from Exeter, the Dog didn't eat me, the sheds didn't get me lost and lots of fun was had on a very sunny Saturday till nearly 9pm (10 hours on the cars almost non stop apart from the bacon sandwiches)

We played with the 2300 Magnum, got it running, fitted some other belts, made and replace the exhaust system fully, replaced the missing centre bearing on the Prop and Mike proceeded to scare the sh1t out of the locals with a 2300 on full song around the estate.

My Fav part of the day has to be the play on the plasma cutter I want one to play with. Angle grinders are for wimps.

Curry and beer followed with *Bleep* car shows on digital TV.

Sunday we got back out and replaced the wheels on the Mikes HB SL90 with the Brabhams I have donated to him.... very shiney :D On a car that deserves them, and looks the part 100%

pbottomley

Postby mazzo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Yes, it was another good weekend. Just got back and haven't looked at the photos yet, but we achieved a lot.

Curry was particularly good (Chicken Vindaloo) and the company was excellent.

The Magnum is going to be a nice car. It certainly goes well!

As for the car shows that Paul refers to: they went along the lines of "If you're looking for a classic car you could get this xxxxxxx for between £100,000 - £150,000 !" Yeah, right. We could own a hell of a lot of Vivas for that! It wasn't even a good car - can't remember what it was!

Cheers Mike for the food and the bits and pieces.

Sorry I didn't get to see Sarah and hope all goes well.
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:51 pm

This is Mike making washers from angle iron and a plasma cutter... I want one of these
:D :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCs8-Et6XDo[/youtube]
pbottomley

Postby hbpeter » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend. Love the wheels on the HB, looks spot on.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby bulldog » Thu May 01, 2008 1:45 pm

opps!
Last edited by bulldog on Thu May 01, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike

1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 pm

yes it was a great weekend all you people that missed it you need to try to get to a bacon munching weekend at some time its a great way to meet new people and catch up with old friends it was a shame that my wife sarah and son ryan was not there he was taken into hospital and came out yesterday 8) we done lots to the magnum, fit a big bore exhaust and it sounds great :twisted: the haynes book of lies said you cant fit a new centre bearings to a magnum two piece prop that was a red flag to a bull for us viva owners in an hour or so it was done :lol: new belts were fitted and and fresh fuel in the tank and away she went the engine is a good one it was one of my concerns that the engine was not any good. the only thing is low oil pressure the oil in the car is very thin so fingers crossed that a oil change will do the trick the engine revs very well :twisted: and is going to be fun :twisted: there's a fuel leak on both carbs :roll: and the back brakes to do and then up for a mot paul brought down the Brabhams and we fitted them to the hb and it looks the mutt nuts but they have cross-ply on them which is good fun in the rain but it does not want to stop or go anywhere where i want it to go :lol: so new tyres are on their way 165x70 £116.00 fitted paul and mazz had fun with the plasma a must for all viva owners that can weld there was good feedback on the curry im a fish and chips man and then the beer started to flow a great weekend and i managed to get rid of more parts from my sheds i hope you find room for them and thank you to all that came heres a pic of fun mike and sarah 8)
mike

1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Fri May 02, 2008 7:59 am

hello sorry i missed you all i seen paul briefly before i took ryan to hospital(hes had severe tonsillitis which in turn made his lymph nodes swell and get a abcess in his neck) and i did manage to make one lot of bacon sarnies before leaving!!glad you had a good time must say i'd rather have been eatting curry with you which i was really looking forward too than on the childrens ward but hey ho these things can't be helped just ryan glad ryans ok catch up with you all next time.
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Events