Coventry Festival Of Transport - Stoneleigh Park.

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Coventry Festival Of Transport - Stoneleigh Park.

Postby dann01 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm

August 24th & 25th – Coventry Festival of Transport. Stoneleigh. Warwickshire. This is also the clubs National event . There is something here for all the family, so make it a family day out. Organiser Mike Stanley.

Dan
Last edited by dann01 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Re: Coventry Festival Of Transport - Stoneleigh Park.

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 am

I think that the dates for this is Saturday 24th Aug and Sunday 25th Aug according to Mike S - not the bankholiday Monday.
Sounds like its going to be good with a tour on the Sunday morning and a Hog Roast on the Saturday night :P

http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk/location.aspx
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby dann01 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:00 am

A good week end me thinks. Just a shame Darth was's up to the trip from my point of view. Well done to all those who went on the drive... It took a little longer than expected though, the traffic and the heat and someone's neglect to fill up with fuel didn't help... Did it boys and girls. :D

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby pbottomley » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:43 am

Yea could of been arranged by the orgainisors to either have a road trip or do a car show.... standing around for 3 - 4 hours in an empty park where cars should be, is not a good use of my time frankly... can we go somewhere else next year?

I am sure those on the road trip had fun, but us left at the gazeboo were bored sh1tless
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:14 am

Have to agree with Paul - I have sent some feedback to the effect that wont do it again in that form - far too long - halve the distance - cut out the waiting to get started by not chatting in the ring before starting.
Move the run to Saturday mid to late afternoon to finish with the evening entertainmemt. This will minimise time for the lack of cars on the stand ( if there were 500 cars on the run thats over half the show cars :shock: ) and stop Mr B getting bored out of his mind.

I did enjoy the show - the Red baron did get a bit thirsty on the run and waited till we were well into the countryside and decided to pull the plug on the petrol gauge and splutterto a holt :shock: Having been there before i was equipped with aspare can of juice in the boot :P so there was not more time lost than when Paul and Sandy had to do an emergency evacuation when they were invaded by a LARGE bumble bee :lol:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Events