Torbay Classic Car Show

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Torbay Classic Car Show

Postby Bobby Dale » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 am

Well Rain stopped play this morning with stair rods from above and a strong wind straight off the Sea it was a touch and go event at best , but the cars did start to turn up, Chris Swallow was there nice and early with his 1968 White HB SL90 keeping the GT at home due to the weather . Organisers decided that as there was not let up in the rain and forecast was for it to get worse, that no members of the general public would turn up so called a halt by 09.30.
Shame its normally a well attended event by the Cars ,Car Clubs and the Public .
Bobby.
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Torbay Classic Car Show

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Know thefeeling :wink: Severn Valley Railway Classics on the station was a bit of a washout too although did manage to stay till 4.30
Attachments
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: Torbay Classic Car Show

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:04 pm

I went to Audlem Transport Festival, they managed to get a good turnout but a lot were leaving when I got there (around 2.30) and all the rest by 3.30. Still, can't do anything about it. In a way it's quite refreshing when the organisers call a halt - I've been at shows before now where it's chucked it down all day and they've done their level best to stop anyone leaving early.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to Events