classic car show , nec

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

classic car show , nec

Postby saturday night vivq » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:25 pm

Just got back from the nec , bit disappointed the viva owners club didnt have a stand, lots of interesting cars to see, stephen
saturday night vivq
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: classic car show , nec

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:24 pm

I think there's been some issues with space, the DSG also didn't have a stand. Vauxhall Heritage had a stand featuring the gold-wrapped HA, Baby Bertha and some other stuff, and DSG member Dave Boon was showing Silver Aero (the Cavalier concept) on another stand.

A pretty good show, I went there with a list of things I could use for my winter rebuild, but I did come away without a lot of them.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby hbpeter » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:51 pm

We do the NEC every other year. Its quite expensive and a big ask for members to have cars available for 3/4 days, plus accomodation etc.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby saturday night vivq » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Droopsnoot, I have just had a look at your thread, I did like the restoration thread, its amazing how cars can be brought back from the dead, good work I like the hs chevette range, am I right in thinking they come under the droop snoot group , I can remember seeing the hs chevette in a showroom back in 1978 that would have made it s reg I could not afford one at the time, in 1983 I bought a lotus sumbeam, sold it within the first year then eleven years ago I bought another one I still have it to this day, these cars just grow on you, stephen
saturday night vivq
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Events