VBOA Nation Rally 2019 6th 7th July Sywell

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

VBOA Nation Rally 2019 6th 7th July Sywell

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:31 pm

The arrangements for booking for VBOA Rally at Sywell 6th 7th July 2019 are available:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... U4XBT3uFvQ
The basic ticket types are as follows:
1. £50 Weekend camping and stand pass (upto 3 nights from 5th-8th) with the usual 1 car and 4 people (tent, trailer with car or caravan) to pitch up and show with your VBOA affiliated club. Additional cars to be added with ‘Members Day Ticket’.
2. As 1, but Early Bird discount 1 of £10, offer ending 31st January 2019 (250 Tickets)
3. As 1 but Early Bird discount 2 of £5, offer valid between 1st Feb – 31st March 2019 (250 Tickets).
4. £9 Advance Members Day Ticket – 1Car 4 people to display Saturday OR Sunday (two tickets needed for both display days), £10 on the gate.
5. As 4, Members Day Ticket Early Bird discount of £1.50, offer ends 31st January 2019 Limited number of tickets
6. £13 Advance Visitors Day pass, for Non-VBOA day visitors to the show from 0930-1700, £15 on the gate
7. Kids entertainment passes £5 per day (Fri/Sat/Sun) or £10 for Fri-Sun
16yrs and under free entry (obviously with a paying adult).
Camping is a flat rate, one night or 3 nights, it’s the same price.
We would be looking to close the advance booking system on the 21st June 2019
There will also be a trader and auto jumble booking page coming very soon.
Don’t forget that Sywell has its own Hotel too, it’s not huge and likely that many rooms have been booked so get in quick if you want to stay there. We suggest direct booking http://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/ It should be £75/per night without breakfast.
A brief outline of activities/services for the weekend:
· All weekend, Kids entertainment (rides/face painting/lots of other fun things planned)
· Saturday interclub Old and Young competition with kids and adults competing for prizes/trophies in activities such as the Cozy Coupe grand prix, wellie tug of war etc.
· Presently Saturday only 0-60/short drag course on the taxi way, full details TBC
· Sunday the usual area activities and awards ceremonies.
· Anniversary Celebrations for the year (Astra, Bedford OB and any others who come forward)
· Motorsport celebration where we would love to have any/all VBO motorsport vehicles on display in their own area (please reach out within your clubs/friends etc).
· Wheel change challenge
· Auto Jumble/trade area fully integrated with the show.
· Food and drink traders around the arena
· Bar/bands inside a fully carpeted Hanger
· Helicopter & Plane rides (subject to weather/owners discretion)
· The Aviation Museum will be open all weekend
· Toilet and Shower blocks which will be illuminated at night and well serviced.
· Electrical hook up pitches for those who required it (this will be a separate area from the club stands though).
· If there is suitable demand, a shuttle bus service can be looked into for ferrying people between the Premier Inn at Billing and Sywell.
Please remember, the VBOA is your association, if there is anything you’d like to see put on or that you or your members can offer as entertainment/service etc. then it would be most welcomed, even just an extra pair of hands to sort something out on the day(s).

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A% ... T_nKRxWcVA

The Aviator Hotel in Sywell, Northamptonshire
The Aviator Hotel is based at Sywell Aerodrome in Northamptonshire and offers a Bar, Restaurant, Conference Facilities and more. Tel: 01604…
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: VBOA Nation Rally 2019 6th 7th July Sywell

Postby lord13 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:56 am

The camping seems a touch on the expensive side, add that to the fact that you can't just camp for one night and it may get a little prohibitive for some. Also, I assume the hotel £75 per night is per person, (without breakfast???) again, a little expensive.
Also, the drag run...does the club insurance cover a 'drag run'? Will participants need a helmet as per other established drag strips? Who will be marshal-ing this? Seems a little like 'tempting fate' to me...

I think there will be less 'enthusiasm' for this event than previous 'not billing's', people are unhappy with the organisers choices and the execution of those said 'choices'. . . but hopefully it will all be ok . . .
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 am

Like your positive approach Mitch :P
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby 1972nail » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am

I booked the hotel yesterday, it's £75 per room plus breakfast. Only double rooms left so you better know your sleeping partner well!
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby redfirenza » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm

From previous visits to Sywell its always been well run, just look at the pistons & props events so I do not know why its being bashed already, as for the camping £40.00 for 3 nights split between 4 people that's very reasonable isn't it? Its not even the cost of a fancy coffee!

I remember why I stopped getting involved in organizing stuff like this!

Anyway Its in the diary and im looking forward to it!
redfirenza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:18 pm

I've contacted the relatives in MK about staying there and booked day tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

Room for mine on the stand?

Thanks

Adrian
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:30 pm

More information from VBOA Chairman:
The Campsite will be open to the set up team of every club from 10am on Friday Morning. the camping will be within your marked area as it was at Market Harborough.
Cheers Adrian I expect you can get on the VVOC stand even if you cant get any Club XL gear :lol:

It would be useful for all members to let Marcus know, in principle, which days they want to show on the stand and if they are camping or not so he can make an informed request for a Club Stand size.
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby lord13 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:33 am

Fred Dukes wrote:Like your positive approach Mitch :P

You know me, always willing to lift peoples spirits ;)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:40 am

redfirenza wrote:From previous visits to Sywell its always been well run, just look at the pistons & props events so I do not know why its being bashed already, as for the camping £40.00 for 3 nights split between 4 people that's very reasonable isn't it? Its not even the cost of a fancy coffee!

I remember why I stopped getting involved in organizing stuff like this!

Anyway Its in the diary and im looking forward to it!

Blimey...you're going to the wrong place for coffee ;)

Anyhow, I'm not 'bashing' it, just voicing concerns is all...you're right on the camping actually, it's not that expensive really considering, but I would've preferred an option for one nights camping rather than having to pay a flat fee regardless of wether you want to camp one night or two...

It really is just the drag strip that concerns me... I know it's meant to be a 'subdued' affair, but do you really think people won't go 'all out' on the tarmac? there is a 'boy racer' element to some clubs, and I'm not excluding ours from that either. To be honest, if I was still in my twenty's I would've been one of the one's I'm worried about :D
I think there may be safety concerns with the 'drag race' is all...
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am

If you keep your powder dry for a while Mitch it is early days with organising the event ( midJuly :wink: ) I am sure the VBOA committee will sort out what is required to run a safe event :roll:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Next

Return to Events