Bath and West

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:15 pm

17-18th Feb, 28th Bristol Classic Car Show. Shepton Mallet.

Hope to see some faces at this show. We have a small stand with not enough room to swing a cat, but we will be there. Clara has had a nightmare getting there and now with a car that has a blown up engine, we are not sure how she or the car will get home yet. Now thats dedication Clara, Well done girl.

If you can possibly make it either Saturday or Sunday, please try to make it. We have new signage and the aim of our appearance is to let people know that the club is still here and we intend to be for a long time to come, supporting our members and the Viva mark.

If you think that you may be able to help get Clara's car home, or you live somewhere near by or on route to her house in the West Midlands and are able to tow or store her car for a few days, please contact me on 07799 171414.

The next event that the club will be attending after this one is the Parts day in Coventry on 11th March. Your club is supporting you, now please support your club.

Ian.
Automan.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:46 pm

I made it!

(And I DIDN'T blow the car up! It just went bang. And then stopped. But it's only a head gasket and a few other things. It's not dead yet!!)

It was much fun!

Please await for the sugar induced hyper active *squeeeee* to go away before a proper report is produced.

I like yellow *bounce bounce bounce*
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 am

Not dead yet? better luck next time
pbottomley

Postby Clara » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:38 am

pbottomley wrote:Not dead yet? better luck next time

Next time?! Oh no. I'm off to buy myself a nice sensible ford. :wink:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 am

well dont blame you TBH.... but a sensible Vauxhall wouldn't be a bad thing either? :lol:
pbottomley

Postby Clara » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:52 am

pbottomley wrote:well dont blame you TBH.... but a sensible Vauxhall wouldn't be a bad thing either? :lol:

Na, I've met Vauxhall owners. You're all a little strange :lol: :lol:
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:54 pm

Great show, though Clara had car problem, I lost my wallet etc, but we had a lot of fun. It was great to see so many club members there, most of them were not from the forum, so maybe the word is spreading. We also made lots of new friends personaly and for the club and we have been invited to share other events with other clubs which is great. The new signage went down well and we gave away lots of old mags. We were given 3 cars for the club to dispose of after collection and to members etc and lots of interest from people that had Viva's who did not know the club existed. Also people who have been thinking of getting a first classic are now contemplating owning a Viva.

Good Show, great result, watch out for Clara's posting on the site and in the next mag for details.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:05 pm

Not more cars !!! Jesus we are running out of room and lacking new owners..... :lol: :lol:
pbottomley

Postby bodyworx » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:14 pm

pbottomley wrote:Not more cars !!! Jesus we are running out of room and lacking new owners..... :lol: :lol:

I see a few extensions/longer driveways being built this summer :shock: .

I quite lucky i suppose, the previous owner of my house "claimed" to have had 27 cars parked on my drive, must have been like a NCP car park, the most ive had to date is 10, and the missus was a bit miffed, dont think I'll be going for a new record !.

Great to hear about a good show, its just not practical for me to travel to them all , need to pick wisely, although i hope to be driving ' the luv bus' down to Billing this year (fingers and toes crossed).

Andy.
bodyworx
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:19 pm

IN MY OPPINION
NOT A CLUB VIEW,

Two events are extremely important this year, The Club National and Billing. It feels like it is going to be a realy good season this year for the shows and the Club, hopefully making for happy members.

Ian,
AUTOMAN.

This is my personal oppinion and not club policy.
AUTOMAN

Previous

Return to Events