picnic in the park

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby Chevetter » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:59 pm

AUTOMAN wrote:
So add your voice and tell me or Ralph what you want and we can make picnic in the park work,

Where? What? and How? But we do have a when?

Did I not just add my voice? Where - a park somewhere reasonably central in england. I don't know which one - I was rather hoping you could sort that out (proximity to ice-cream van facilities a priority :D).

What - It's a picnic in the park with a 70's theme as you said, and everyone is going to bring their old cars.

How - as decribed in my previous post in this thread.

With regard to the thing about considering the ages of the attendees, I would like to think that my proposals do just that.

As for thinking you were older than you were - telling someone they are 'of tender years' is possibly one of the best methods of making yourself sound positively ancient!

You just don't want a cruise [townie] 'cos u no my mota has a wel ruder bodykit than urs an my neons r loads birghter, my alloys r bigger an I hav a much phatter sound system wiv like 1700000000W[/townie] :P
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:13 am

Found out at last :lol:

I did hope that my picture on the forum made me look younger not older, bugger. I in no way meant to condesend when I replied to you, as offending younger, fitter, stronger and agile people such as your good self, could end up in a grandad kicking for me :P and I don't want that. I will bring the coco and ear-plugs and you bring the loud music and what-ever it is you young people like to do :?: As for my wheel-chair, it is not the fastest, but it looks lovely when I have a blanket over my legs and a pretty young nurse pushing it.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Chevetter » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:23 am

Do you have a photo on the forum Ian? I've had a look around but I can't see it. :?:

I didn't think you were being condescending - I thought you were being old and out of touch :wink:

Just make sure the picnic isn't on a tuesday as tuesday is my grandad-kicking day :twisted: :lol:
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:32 am

Typical youngster, can't find anything so you have to show them :lol: click the about us link. You will find pictures of the committee there. The youth of today, they can drive, but can't see :roll: Where-ever we have the event, I will try to make it close to home for you, so that you can be home for bed-time. :!:
AUTOMAN

Postby Chevetter » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:40 am

Aaah, it's there. I have a tab in my browser which links directly to the forum in full screen so I don't have sidebar with the rest of the site's content in it. That picture isn't actually on the forum itself though is it, so you told me to look in the wrong place.

Thats the trouble with the old folk of today - they can't give clear instructions! You'd better let someone else give everyone directions to the event Ian, otherwise none of us will be able to find it!
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:09 am

I am so very sory Ralph, but my age makes it difficult for me to understand this modern computer stuff. It is probably about time that we hand the world over to the next generation to run. Maybe my pension is closer than I thought :lol: I think given the circumstances, you should find the venue after all and give us all loads of reminders as to where and when, because us old folk have a habbit of forgetting things :arrow: over to you then.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Previous

Return to Events