Spares day 9th of March 2008

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Spares day 9th of March 2008

Postby psl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:19 pm

hi
Last edited by psl on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby viva2300 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:06 am

You'd best book a fair few tables chap as i will be definitly coming up with a lot of the bits i have managed to find so far. I reckon i will have at least an estate full with possibly another trailer load if the motor will take it!
Paul
S. EAST AREA REP
1972 Viva 2300 SL 4DR
1973 Viva 2300 SL 4DR + one on paper.
1973 Viva 2300 SL EState
1973 Viva 1800 SL 4DR not for long
1971 Viva 1600 SL 4DR AUTO
1974 HP Firenza Droopsnoot

TOO MANY CARS NOT ENOUGH MONEY OR TIME
viva2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby viva2300 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:08 am

I've also got some non-Viva bits to shift so will be bringing that too.
S. EAST AREA REP
1972 Viva 2300 SL 4DR
1973 Viva 2300 SL 4DR + one on paper.
1973 Viva 2300 SL EState
1973 Viva 1800 SL 4DR not for long
1971 Viva 1600 SL 4DR AUTO
1974 HP Firenza Droopsnoot

TOO MANY CARS NOT ENOUGH MONEY OR TIME
viva2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:10 am

we'll be there but id better check with mike if hes any spares he wants rid of??i can think of a few(do they take whole cars??hahahah)but he mightnt agree!!
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 am

ps did someone say curry??
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby psl » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:12 pm

hi
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby dann01 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:01 pm

VBOA Parts Day 9th March

The club will have a presence at this event taking place at:

The Connexion Exhibition Centre
Leamington Spa Rd.
Ryton on Dunsmore
Coventry
CV8 3FL

This year the VBOA is using both halls, and it's anticipating a huge turnout from the clubs on this, and encouraging club members with spares to sell to hire a plot 7'X6' at £5. Tables are £2 each. There is a form for doing this, so if you require one, email me and I shall send you one by return. Alternatively, you can download one from the VBOA website. Forms and money are to be sent to Ian Coomber (VBOA chairman) direct.

The rolling road from Novatech will be there again this year too.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Regards
Danny VVOC C&T
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby psl » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:33 pm

this looks like it`s gonna be one hell of a parts day for viva`s :D
The Viva owners club, the driver`s club and and an independant stand made up of viva owners :wink:
If you need a part for your viva then me thinks it`ll be here.
Andy will be bringing down spoilers and dash tops for all to see, feel free to come and kneel and worship this mighty God like sculpter at our stand. Dont stand too close, cause we`re gonna be treating him to a curry Sat nigh (if he turns up on time, that is :wink: ).
This offer does not include prayer mats. Space is subject to availability, Stricty no touching or pictures, he`s very shy!
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby dann01 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:59 am

Just had this from Ian Coomber of the VBOA

Dear All

Pitch requests for the March 9th VBOA Spring Parts Day and Autojumble are building well so please don’t delay giving us your requirements or you may not be able to get what you want. Latest clubs/members to take space are the Cav Mk 2, Vauxhall Sports Car Club and the Vauxhall Owners Club. Vauxhall dealer Motor Bodies from Luton will be attending for the first time and a number of other Billing regulars have already taken space for the first time.

John Ankerman tells me that the Opel GT club are planning to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the GT at this year’s Billing. My apologies for not spotting that one in my earlier notes, so to make partial amends, here’s a taster of what you will see. The “mini Corvette” Opel GT, is a beautiful 2-seat coupe developed from a 1965 Frankfurt Show car using a Kadett floor pan and available in left hand drive only. Launched in Europe 1967 it was imported the following year by GM Limited as part of the UK Opel range offering. It features flowing curves with a kicked up rear lip to the “Kamm” style tail and pop up, or roll over to be more precise, headlamps. Body production was carried out in France by Brissonneau et Lotz and it certainly turns heads as well as being a nimble performer with the 1900cc power unit. When the contract with the French company ended in 1973 so did production, with over 100,000 sold, 60% of which went to the States where they were marketed through the Buick franchise. The GT was a truly landmark car for Opel and GM as it took the Opel brand into exciting image building territory and paved the way for designer Chuck Jordan’s Manta and coupe variants of the regular production saloons which in turn gave Opel the products to enter motor sport at the highest level.

The next VBOA Committee meeting takes place on Sunday February 3rd. This is also an EGM and we want to be able to ratify proposed changes to the VBOA constitution, primarily in the area of membership eligibility. Therefore it would be appreciated if every club ensured they were represented on the day. We will lay out the room differently to accommodate everybody so we look forward to seeing a full house on the 3rd.

Kind regards

Ian
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to Events