Reading Feastival of Rust (the comeback tour)

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Reading Feastival of Rust (the comeback tour)

Postby pbottomley » Sun May 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Come on Maz, when is it ? I know its soon and I have plans to play with the engine, but for the life of me I dont know when it is :?
pbottomley

Postby mazzo » Sun May 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Thank you Mr Bottomley - I forgot to revive the old message which is about 6 inches below this one!

It's next weekend - 17th & 18th May.

As originally planned by PSL, who sadly can't make it. It is working on the green J reg HC. Lots of work in various ways. The list is big but some of it is only small stuff:

Repair / patch / replace floor pans in front footwell areas (this is Mike's domain - so down to him and his judgement)

Bit of a patch to the front valence where it meets the passenger wing (Hopefully my domain.....:) )

Patch to some of the sills - very little to do there

Repair to the rear wheel recess where seat belt mounts are.

Engine needs investigation and work. Paul B domain

Clutch needs freeing. Tried all the old favourites but it's stuck solid. Have new clutch if required.

Brakes need checking or replacing

Ignition switch - old one needs cutting off (Plasma!) and the new one screwing on.

The shroud and indicator stalks need putting back on (as it was all vandalised when they tried to nick the car)

Everything else is just small cosmetic stuff.

Sounds a lot, but whatever gets done is useful. This hopefully will be ready for Billing and I can give the 1600 a rest for a while.
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun May 11, 2008 6:31 pm

mazzo wrote:It's next weekend - 17th & 18th May.

OHHHHH better get me self in gear then :shock: :shock: .

Engine needs investigation and work. Paul B domain

ohhhh gawddd NOOO I aint in charge of nuffin, that said I have almost finished a spare bottom end (just in case we need it). Only issue with the spare engine is the main bearings, they are brand new and the same size as the old ones (micrometer time), so in they have gone into the engine, but its very stiff to turn over will have to look at it again before I close the sump up. maybe its because these have dual thrust bearings on the middle main bearing?

Looking forward to the weekend, hopefully its just the head gasket and or a worn / sticky valve...... if its not it could be a long weekend.
pbottomley

Return to Events