Photos from Billing

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Photos from Billing

Postby Cold Snail » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:40 pm

Just posting a few pics before we open the beer.

All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Postby Cold Snail » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:59 am

One from this morning before it gets busy

As you can see, the weather is going to be nice for the day, so if you're in the Northampton area today, why not pop in and see all what the VBOA has on show.
All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:30 pm

Ive just got home, unpacked and had a shower, so here is my feedback report:

Weather was great today, good yesterday, will not mention Friday's liquid weather.

Nice to see loads of faces old and new, Paul, Maz, Gordon, Bulldog and Sarah, Danny and the Crew, the Drivers the Outlaws (who were fun today) sheep shagger John, and some new faces who supplied me beer a seat and chats for a few hours, whoever you were cheers :D

Was a blast with the norwegian contingent and fun to watch Bulldog on the hunt for his plates :shock: :shock:

Looking forward to next year already, thanks for all the tools and brandy guys. :D :D
pbottomley

Postby psl » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Must agree The evening with the strange Norwegian was a blast (top man). Good to meet up again with the old and new. You`ll have to come for the whole weekend next time Per, even though you brought the chaffing rain with you (s*dding Norwegians). Some good memories to take to next years Billing. Trust all got back home safe
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:37 pm

we got home safe at 10pm ish as usual mike was in "mine"mode and brought lots the car was rather loaded!slow drive home not much suspension travel left maybe mike needs new springs?!mike even managed to find a hb wheelarch :shock: we had a great time and was great to see old and new faces many thanks to all those who organised the show it was a fantastic weekend (keeping it short we're very tired NIGHT)sarah n mike
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Sandy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:57 pm

Ooops - must've double clicked and posted twice - sorry!

Sandy
Last edited by Sandy on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Sandy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:58 pm

We're just back (well - about 11pm) after paul had finished nattering and I took the tent down on my own in the hope that he'd look over and wonder where it had gone (how wrong could I have been lol!!). What a great weekend and spent in great company. Quiz was excellent on Sat nite - thanks for organising that one Danny - not too sure about the Brandy though!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out over the weekend with the tea, coffee and raffle tickets - especially to Sarah as I think I might have gone insane if she wasn't there to help!!

Bring on next year's Billing (but don't forget we have the club's National Rally at the end of August so we could do it all again then!!).

Sandy xx
Sandy
SL Viva
SL Viva

thanks to all

Postby aliopel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:27 am

Thanks to all for a great weekend,this is my first billing with the viva & new to the club,everyone was very friendly & informative.Its the longest trip my car has had to date (280 miles) & ran like a dream.

Regards
Alister
aliopel

Postby pbottomley » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:36 am

OHHh whilst I think about it, furthest travellled, we all forgot Per, who is still on his way home even though he left on Sunday Morning, ETA I think is to get home tomorrow afternoon!! Its got to be at least 900miles of driving and 30 hours on a ferry.... Hell and I thought 40 miles was a long way :D
pbottomley

Photos from Billing

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:31 pm

After stuffing a good plate of food from the Carver last night - I needed it after loading part of the club Gazebo kit and some overspill club spares as well as what I had bought for myself into the Estate - I had a beer and some whisky and a good nights kip and headed off home this morning - after a good breakfast that is! Maybe it's a "going home from Billings" thing that reduces the travel on the rear springs cos I thought I was going up hill most of the time the way the bonnet was pointing to the heavens.
It soon brought Peggy down to earth after her 5 minutes of fame as best HC on the Club stand!!
Had a great time after the initial watery baptism on Friday - Ade must have made it back cos there were a few Petrol Stations along the way waiting for a new delivery!
Role on the National and in the meantime don't forget the Mini Goodwood at CHOLMONDELEY Castle on 8th and 9th August www.pageantofpower.com.
If we could get our act together and book a club stand we could get some FREE and reduced price entries.
I have got a Club Gazebo - and if I could use it - Danny, Committee Members?? - and people are prepared to commit by this Thursday ( I know its short notice!) I amprepare to get it organised.
The deal is that we would get a club stand area trackside for FREE and each car driver is FREE - hangers on i.e. those on the stand not driving a car get REDUCED RATE £20 for a DAY or £30 for the weekend. ANYBODY INTERESTED???. MUST HAVE A COMMITMENT BY NOON THURSDAY 17TH JULY
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Next

Return to Events