Vandal damage

Has a Viva or other classic been stolen? Have you been a victim of crime? Let everyone know, we may find it and get back that much loved car! :missu:

Vandal damage

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:43 pm

On a dark note i`ve just got off the phone to a fellow member Les Potter up in Warrington, who has just informed me of the unthinkable happening. His love of his life (not the wife) has been attacked while parked outside his place of work. Side window put in, radio nicked but the best bit is they could`nt hot wire it so they snapped the steering wheel off and pulled all the wirers out from under the dash just for fun. I`ve got all the parts that he needs and indeed give them to him free so that`s not an issue. The thing is it does still happen and Viva`s arnt void of being attacked. Les doesnt have internet and would like me to convay this message to all at the club. It happens so think where you park your pride and joy.
Pork Pie

Vandal damage

Postby pbottomley » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:52 pm

I have the same sot of thing happen when I owned a Morris Minor, someone
obviously took offence and filled the fuel tank with sand, drained the oil
and topped up the block with the same sand.

I guess its just envy, or in the case about MINDLESS idiots.

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
pbottomley

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:06 pm

Mindless idiots, is a very light way to word it!
Its not everyday you get a phone call from a man (in his 50`s) nearly in tears. Does make you wonder about some people though!
Pork Pie

Postby kellyharding » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:40 pm

Likely bored chav lout kids did it.

Thankfully the Red Viva hasn't been attacked, other than maybe someone taking a key to one side I think.

I think the damaged side body work maybe puts them off bothering or the fact it is so basic inside?

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:40 pm

This sort of thing is so annoying. If there is anything I can do to help, please pass on my details and also my shared distress for what has happened.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Cheers for the reply Ian, i think he`s waiting on the insurance red tape to go through. I`ve got to admit, what do you say to someone when they have just been shafted like that?
John`s coming down to mine in the next week or so, so he can collect said bits and should be able to drop them off when he returns home so im hopefull he can get back on the road soon.
Pork Pie

Postby Edd_V6 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 pm

My Sons 88 Nova was stolen early this morning and the police found it 2 hours after he told them. The police then had it towed to a compound so they could look over it for evidence. Meanwhile we told the insurance company and they said we could not claim for the car because it was only worth £120 and his excess is £200. He now has to pay the compound £160 to get his own car back even though he does not want it because it is smashed up.

His insurance costs him £650 per year....Why.

Sad Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Vandal damage

Postby pbottomley » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:43 pm

Bummer Edd, silly question and don't think I am winding you up ? Why not get
him a viva on classic ins?

I would tell the pound to keep it and get another nova / astra off eBay

Paul

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
pbottomley

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Bloody hell, 2 peoples cars damaged in 1 day i hope its not catching. Sorry to hear about your sons troubles lad
Pork Pie

Postby Edd_V6 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:42 pm

Cheers for that Paul B and Paul L (?)

He actually sugested i get him a viva now, he wants a yellow one though, for some reason he is into yellow cars. (Bit worried about that myself)

Will look around he wants some thing fairly quickly (Time quick not drivin quick) although luckily he does not need a car for work. So i think a viva would be ideal really. My first car was a viva back in 1977 it was a Onyx SL90 so why not....

Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next

Return to Stolen or Damaged