Spares stolen from under my nose!

Has a Viva or other classic been stolen? Have you been a victim of crime? Let everyone know, we may find it and get back that much loved car! :missu:

Spares stolen from under my nose!

Postby mazzo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:09 pm

From outside my house in the drive.

I guess it was for the scrap value, but they took:

Replacement 1256 rear axle (one off a Viva E as it had anti roll counter balances on it)
OHC radiator (the one that needed re-coring thankfully)

Non viva bits:
Front cross member complete with steering rack off a Rover 800
They also took an old microwave oven we'd just thrown out. Again, it was behind the wheelie bin, so they'd have had to have come down the drive and looked around. That makes me think it was for scrap.

I'm miffed about this. They weren't visible and were "hidden" away. You really would have had to look for them. I didn't even notice some of it was gone at first. :x

So, if you've got spares on show, hide them away as I was told that there's a lot of this going on.

Damn annoying thing is that our spares aren't that easy to find and now they'll just be melted down :cry:
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:57 am

Not the first time I've heard this, a mate of mine had a pair of good Firenza doors stolen from the side of his garage, presumably for scrap. I wouldn't consider leaving anything outside that I wanted to keep, in fact I even hide some stuff away in the garage in case of break-ins.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Thieving ****

Postby VivaPete » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:40 pm

I'll add that someone had thier 'scrap' HB stolen from a back garden last year. Together with axle, windscreens etc.
It must have been towed away on a back of lorry in broad daylight.
Again out of sight to the casual passerby.
4 Door HB
VivaPete
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Stolen or Damaged