Petition against double vehicle tax on ownership change

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Petition against double vehicle tax on ownership change

Postby Colin » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:58 pm

With you all the way on that Mitch.

I personally like a morning rant about 8am and an afternoon rant around 4-ish! :lol:
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:57 am

Colin wrote:With you all the way on that Mitch.

I personally like a morning rant about 8am and an afternoon rant around 4-ish! :lol:

:D see... it's these things that make us 'special' ;)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:15 am

These changes had major effects on the used car trade, cars could no longer be sold on with tax paid on them by the previous owners and the used car salesmen could no longer legally use them overnight, to pick up the kids and shopping etc as those are all breaches of the conditions of use of trade plates. In our case meant we had the get more trade plates for used car stock with a set dedicated to the workshop for the movement of used car stock as none of it is taxed except demos.

Signed
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lord13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:32 am

VampireTigger wrote:used car salesmen could no longer legally use them overnight, to pick up the kids and shopping etc

Signed

Don't used car salesmen have their own cars ???
Yes you're right, these poor souls need our help, I retract everything I have previously said, as I didn't realise the plight of these poor unfortunate impoverished members of our society. It must have hit you very hard personally, I can see by your car ownership that it has been a struggle to make ends meet after shelling out for all those trade plates....

seriously...used car salesmen virtually double the price of anything on their forecourt, it's a known fact, so shelling out for tax or trade plates is covered don'tcha think :lol: :lol: :lol:
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:36 am

As penance for all my rantings I'm gonna bring a box of spares to the VBOA bash to donate to the club, I'll pop them over when I get there, I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the one in the hat and mac, wearing a fake glasses and moustache arrangement :lol: :lol: :lol:
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion