DVLA

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

DVLA

Postby hbr341 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:01 pm

Hi
I bought a 1971 Firenza in sept sent off the v5 as you do got a letter back saying as there has been no activity on the car its been off the road for about 7 years, they need pictures of the car including the registration number vin number engine and number .I did all that sent it to them a few weeks later got another letter saying I need to get the car inspected and when they get the results they will decide what to do . Has anybody you know had problems getting the V5 for an older car mine is totally original all matching numbers genuine 24,700 miles but its very rusty.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: DVLA

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:06 pm

All seems a bit heavy handed :shock: as a club we can do a inspection and a V765 to prove its identity - this is usually for lost log books or trying to get original reg no. etc - Dan used to do the form now passed to Mike Stanley.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-number
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cooperman » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Who do they say needs to carry out the inspection and what do they need from it?
Would a letter from the club be suitable?
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:24 pm

Did you keep a copy of the V5C?
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby rizzo » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:16 pm

This is now becoming quite common when cars have been off the road and certain info is changed or historic class is claimed, they are just establishing the vehicle is what it is, they will send out an inspector to check it over and take some piccys, if it all adds up and numbers tally it should be fine and you will receive a new V5, if its not you might have problems, generally they expect to see a complete vehicle.
If you want some more clarity on this message "Kapri" on Rods and sods or Retro rides, he has been involved with the DVLA and ACE for yonks.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbr341 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi
Thanks for your help I will book the inspection and hope for the best will keep you informed .

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:36 am

I've been through one of these for a Marcos. Was trying to reclaim the origianl number plate for the car, it had left the UK for South Africa and then been re-registered when it came back. The siginifcance was it was the last car Marcos built before going bust the first time. The fact both versions of the car had the same VIN number on the DVLA records didn't matter to them, they wanted to see it on the car. Inspection was fairly painless.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbr341 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi
I have had the inspection done the other day the chap who did it had drove up from Cornwall all seemed to go ok he took loads of pics of engine number mileage etc so its up to DVLA now he said could take up to 6 weeks before they make there decision .
Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbr341 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi
Got the V5 today very pleased but a fuss over nothing .

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Good to know, my project hasn't been on the road for many years so I've been a bit concerned about this. No point me doing anything about it yet, especially if they might want to come and look at it.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Next

Return to General Discussion