Viva found in garage

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Viva found in garage

Postby Anita » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:32 am

Hello, sadly my brother passed away recently and we found his old Viva in the lock up garage he rented in Liverpool.
It hasn't moved in over 35 years and the pic below is as we found it covered in dust. Would anyone in the owners club be interested in the whole car before we have to inevitably scrap it, or have any advice about what else we could do with it? Thanks in advance.....Anita.
Attachments
Anita
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Viva found in garage

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:42 am

I'd suggest you post again in the "Cars for sale" section and see if there's any interest there, or if you're on Facebook a post in the Owners Club group might get more of a response. I am pretty sure someone will save it, even if it's only for spares to help another car live on.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby VampireTigger » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:16 pm

As no price has been mentioned I've moved it to general discussion to get the most exposure. If it's saveable, it should be :)
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:44 pm

In the midst of car advice, let me pass on my care and the care of the group in the death of your brother.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Anita » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:18 am

droopsnoot wrote:I'd suggest you post again in the "Cars for sale" section and see if there's any interest there, or if you're on Facebook a post in the Owners Club group might get more of a response. I am pretty sure someone will save it, even if it's only for spares to help another car live on.

Thank you very much.
Anita
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Anita » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:19 am

VampireTigger wrote:As no price has been mentioned I've moved it to general discussion to get the most exposure. If it's saveable, it should be :)

Thank you for your advice.
Anita
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Anita » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:22 am

jpsmit wrote:In the midst of car advice, let me pass on my care and the care of the group in the death of your brother.

Thank you for your sympathy, that's very kind.
Anita
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby cooperman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:40 pm

Hi Anita, please accept my condolences for your loss.
Could you message me your number to 07950850661 and I will call you next week for a chat if that is OK?

Thanks,
Marcus Cooper
VVOC Committee
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:59 pm

Anita wrote:Hello, sadly my brother passed away recently and we found his old Viva in the lock up garage he rented in Liverpool.
It hasn't moved in over 35 years and the pic below is as we found it covered in dust. Would anyone in the owners club be interested in the whole car before we have to inevitably scrap it, or have any advice about what else we could do with it? Thanks in advance.....Anita.

I too am sorry for your loss. For him to have kept the car so long it must have important to your brother. Get in touch with Marcus as he suggests and he’ll do what he can to help this part of your late brother’s history to live on.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Anita » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:11 pm

Thank you very much, I will do.

Regards
Anita