Spares Availability

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Spares Availability

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:31 pm

gurrier wrote:I was informed by a supplier that many Couriers are not willing to transport specifically car parts-reason unknown

I have seen this too - when sending panels via Royal Mail or Parcelforce I have to describe them as "two pieces of steel" or similar. I expect this really means that they don't want to ship things like wings or headlights that might be easily damaged.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby gurrier » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:09 am

Interesting current position. Item valued 50£ sent through UPS from UK to Ireland. Consignor paid 15£ to UPS to handle item, consignee paid 18.45 Euro to UPS - what they call a 'standard handling charge' to have the item delivered. Tax was 15.33 Euro with no Customs charges. I can only call this gouging.
1978 Vauxhall Viva E Two Door Saloon Member HC982
gurrier
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby gurrier » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:25 am

Hi all,
From personal experience I would advise do not use EVRi/Hermes as a Courier Service for yours parts needed. Item sent to me in Southern Ireland from Northern Ireland, a travel distance of 220 miles - is being processed via Basildon (LHR I presume) which will eventually be in excess of 1000 miles before it actually reaches me - if it ever does. It is not possible to speak to an actual Human being to try to resolve - in fact system seems to be designed to give customers the run around. Advertised as a two day delivery package -10 days later still waiting. There is no emoji for someone with a red face and steam coming out of their ears otherwise I would have concluded the post with one. Bill
gurrier
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:58 am

gurrier wrote:There is no emoji for someone with a red face and steam coming out of their ears otherwise I would have concluded the post with one. Bill

This might do for future reference: :wutend:
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby gurrier » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:52 pm

The likeness to me is stunning!!. To add further disquiet an item sent from the same location a number of days later - which also took the circuitous 1000 mile route as opposed to 220 miles direct route - is now being held by customs until I pay approx half of the original retail price. I need a quite dark room to go lie down in now.
gurrier
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:32 am

EVRi are a waste of space I gave up using them when I had items disappear of the system more times than they got delivered - items claimed to be delivered when they weren't etc( then called Hermes).
I weakened a couple of weeks ago and booked them to pick up a 7kg parcel - although I was in for the morning of pickup I received a message that their attempt to pick up failed and that I should take it to a drop off shop :imsmiling:
There are lots more couriers who are not perfect but are better than EVRi (not difficult!)
The last parcel I tried to send to Ireland ended up back on my doorstep a month later - rejected by customs with no reason for rejection and that was using Royal Mail!
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby gurrier » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:15 pm

I now have to submit proof to EVRI that I did not receive my package. When asked why, even though they admit that they lost the package the answer I received was "sometimes tracking isn't accurate"
gurrier
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby gurrier » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:06 pm

That which was lost has been found. My package finally arrived over a month since it was put in the care of EVRI. I henceforth have a positon that I will not do business with any supplier that uses EVRI. My advice avoid EVRI like the plague.
gurrier
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:54 am

Glad to hear you have your package.
I wont touch EVRi with a bargepole - the last straw was they failed to pick up a heavy package saying they were unable to get an answer at the property ( although I was in all day)- the message was prior to the pickup time :roll:
I had to take it to the pickup shop.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Previous

Return to General Discussion