Hi all!

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hi all!

Postby Alexanderwillmore » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi all,

Just signed up today! I bought a Viva HB SL 1159 last November and am hoping to bring it down to some shows next year. I popped down to billing this year and saw some awesome vivas!

I've not got too much to do to it, it's on the road but is currently a bit of a ropey ride.

I was also hoping for a bit of advice but am unsure where to post.
I've unfortunately just noticed after a letter from the DVLA that there is a discrepancy in the info they have regarding my VIN number. So I checked out the car and the vin on my dash does not match the vin on the chassis. (The dash one is correct I believe). I'm at a bit of a loss with this . Does anyone know what I can do? The whole re stamping of a vin process looks painful!

Any help would be great and sorry if this thread belongs somewhere else, if someone could let me know I'd be grateful.

Cheers all,

Alex
Alexanderwillmore
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hi all!

Postby Alexanderwillmore » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:57 pm

Ah ha! Been digging around! I think when the car was MOT'd the mechanic accidentally listed the code from the SPI plate instead of the VIN!
Alexanderwillmore
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:09 am

Hello and welcome. Info on Vin numbers here, http://www.vauxhallviva.com/?page_id=149

The mistake is most probably someone not writing it down correctly. Lets have some photos of your car, and reg number, we might have listed in our register. If you give us the numbers off the V5 and the car someone might be able to point you in the right direction.

Feel free to ask any questions. Whats your plans for the car? If you join the owners club you will get access to spares, magazine and the rest of the forum.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Alexanderwillmore » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks!

Yes, the info on the site regarding chassis numbers etc was really helpful! It's led me to believe that when the car was MOT'd the number on the SPI plate was used rather than the VIN (which I believe is only visible in the dash on the HB?).
Not the huge problem I had originally feared!

I believe my SL was registered with the club once before and I intend to join up as soon as I get a spare second!

I'll try and upload some pics soon. The REG is FMM 790J
VIN on V5 and dash: 935110E414030
The code the garage put down for the MOT was: 93511D0M408056. This was read from the SPI plate I think.

I'm currently just looking at restoring the SL. The body's corroded in places and driving it is currently pretty touch and go but I'm looking forward to getting it working and over Billing next year! This year was my first time visiting and I loved every second! Some great Vauxhalls on show!

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

Alex
Alexanderwillmore
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 am

Its in our register(you can view it once you have joined the club).
We have its Chassis No as: 935110E414030
Engine No as: 1502005

It was for sale in our 2004 Summer magazine, and its popped up several times since then for sale.

Glad you enjoyed Billing, look forward to seeing the car next year.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Say Hello